Multicultural Children's Book Day (MCBD) is offering free downloadable kits which include diverse lists, activities, posters, and more! Their newest kit, World Travel from your Homeschool Table was created specifically with homeschool families in mind. In addition to these kits, MCBD also offers numerous resources to help you in your homeschooling journey. For more information about MCBD, their kits, and their resources, click HERE.
If you're looking for other diverse books to add to your reading lists, click on one of our book lists below! In a previous Homeschool Hub post, Speaking with Youth about Race and Racism, we mentioned that it’s never too early to teach your children about race and inclusion. There’s no easier way to do this than by reading books that feature protagonists of different races.
As a reminder: Different books are for different levels! J = Juveniles, YA = Young Adult, and everything else is Adult.
- Afrofuturism (*mostly adult books)
- Asian Protagonists in Youth Literature
- Bilingual Kids Books
- Black Joy - Youth and Teen books featuring black protagonists
- Books about Race & Racism
- Disability Represented in Youth Literature
- Graphic Novels ft. person of color characters
- Latinos & Hispanics in Youth Literature
- LGBTQ+ in Graphic Novels
- LGBTQ+ - Youth books featuring LGBT themes and protagonists
- LGBTQ+ - J & YA books featuring black protagonists / written by black authors
- Multicultural Youth Books
- Native American Protagonists in Youth books
- Speaking with Youth about Race and Racism