Libraries are a source of vital and accurate information. Therefore, it is important to us to share the most accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19, more commonly known at Coronavirus.
The Pueblo City-County Library District is paying close attention to public health officials as they coordinate coronavirus responses, including the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We consider these official sources for up-to-date, factual health information.
Click the useful links below for more information on the virus:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Pueblo City-County Health Department
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
In-house measures and precautions:
The Pueblo City-County Library District is monitoring information about the coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of staff and library users is our priority.
We are following directions from federal, state and local health officials. This is so that we can respond as needed as this situation develops.
- We are cleaning and sanitizing all libraries as much as possible.
- We are also making tissues, hand gel sanitizers and sanitary wipes broadly available for library users.
As with other respiratory viruses, it is recommended for people to protect themselves and others by practicing certain everyday actions:
- Clean hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or into your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get an annual flu vaccine if you have not had one. ("Although COVID-19 is not an influenza virus, and the flu vaccine is not a vaccine for COVID-19, an annual flu shot is recommended as a general method to reduce occurrence of infectious disease.”
- For further guidelines regarding individuals infected with COVID-19 specifically, see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
Click the link below for the full details on PCCLD’s measures to address COVID-19