SUMMARY OF BOARD DUTIES
• Review materials provided in Board packets posted to the website monthly
• Board of Trustees meet twice monthly:
• Work Sessions are held the week before the Regular Session at 3:00 p.m. at the Rawlings Library.
• Provides an opportunity for Board members to review matters requiring Board action
• Gives staff an opportunity to incorporate Board recommendations prior to Board action at Regular Session
• Formal action is not take during Work Sessions
• Regular Session are usually held the 4th Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
• Ensure that the library has the resources it needs and is well positioned to deliver excellent services to the community.
• Regular work involves:
• Reviewing and approving budget and financial statements
• Communicating with the Executive Director
• Staying informed of changes within the library
• Approving policies guiding library operations
• Additional duties include:
• Providing input on annual and strategic planning
• Serving as an advocate for the library
• Attending as many major PCCLD events as possible
• Attending at least one state, national or other library trustee development program annually
For more information, contact:
Jon Walker, Executive Director
or call 719-562-5625