I get this question from people all the time once I tell them that I work at the library: “What do you guys do at the library, just help people check out books?” I happily tell them no and if they have a minute I began to list off the many wonderful things we do and what our libraries have to offer!
- First and foremost, let’s get everyone a library card!!
Not only can you check out up to 100 books but you also can check out audio books, magazines, DVD’s and puppets. All you need is your id and proof of address. Our main page lists all of our return policy as well as our late fees, just click .
- Look out for our free classes, clubs, events and free Wi-Fi!
Almost every day of the week there is something going on at our branches and the best part is they are all FREE. For our calendar click . There are story times for your littles, Free lunches for kids 18 and under, Movie Night for your teens and even things like Spanish classes and Zumba classes for adults!
- Events: June 1st kicked off the beginning of our board! Adults can also join in on the fun and will receive a $5 off coupon to Books Again bookstore just for registering and will also be entered into a drawing for a grand prize with each board they turn in. You can either come in to any branch to sign up or simply do it online. Click on the Summer Reading link to view the complete calendar for the summer! where kids can earn up to two books and other great prizes simply by reading and completing a
- : The Pilot project that launched in 2004 (suggested by Councilman Ray Aguilera) is back for more fun in the park! We've even added another location to our list this year! Click on the link for more information.
- Come stay awhile!
Besides rows and rows of beautiful books our branches have computer labs (with printer), rooms that you can reserve for study sessionshttp://www.pueblolibrary.org/bookalibraryvisit., meetings and even birthday parties, play areas for your younger children, a movie theatre (free movies) and a museum. You can also schedule a tour of the library in person or click here
- Checkout/place on hold books that coincide with your lesson plans.
- Request a kit for your various projects.
The library has purchased material and equipment such as microscopes, sewing kits, bloxels, dissection models, an electricity kit (the complete list is on the request sheet) and all of it can be used by patrons upon request. You can also request customized visits or a session for database help and research assistance.
- Get familiar with our online system.
Our online system is great for viewing our catalogue, finding upcoming events, checking due dates for checked out material and requesting material. With our online system you also have access to other databases that have material that branches may not have on the shelves. You can check that out on the right side of our blog or click and .
- Get Help with Homework, upcoming tests and sharpen your Microsoft skills.
Do your students need assistance with a particular topic? Check out located on the right hand column of our page and get access to live online tutors who can give assistance with tutoring in elementary, middle school, high school, Intro College and adult education. Also check out for online practice tests that are previews of the official exams including the GED, ASVAB, SAT, ACT as well as computer tutorials for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Programs.