The Library contains a vast amount of information that can be useful to parents who homeschool their children. While this is true, sifting through all of the resources provided can prove to be a daunting task for those who are unaware of where to begin. To aid in this search each month we will highlight a book, an article, an event, a support group or a blog that may be helpful in reference to homeschooling.
This month we are highlighting the audio book “Homeschooling – A practical guide to successfully teaching your children from home” by Jennifer Wilson. This audio book can be found on our digital catalogue “Hoopla”
Side Note: If you are unfamiliar with Hoopla, it is an online streaming service located under the title “Digital Library”. This online resource allows Pueblo-city County Library District patrons access to over 600000 titles of digital music, movies, television episodes, audiobooks, comic books and eBooks!
In the book “Homeschooling: A practical Guide to successfully teaching your child from home, Wilson provides information and analysis from a professional standpoint on whether homeschooling is a realistic and feasible option for parents. She emphasizes that homeschooling is more than just handing a child a book and instructing them to read it but rather a quest to create a lifestyle of learning filled curriculums, art projects, field trips and support groups.
This audio book is for you if:
- If you need a simple step by step guide on how to begin the homeschooling process.
- If you need solid research on the benefits of Homeschooling
- If you are unsure if homeschooling is a good fit for your household
- If you want to know exactly what it takes to homeschool.
- Time invested
- Lesson plans
- Support Groups
- If you need advice on how to choose a curriculum for your child and where to find that information.
- If you are unaware of the laws in your state concerning homeschooling and where to find those laws.
If you are interested in listening to this audio book head over to Hoopla and check it out!>> https://pueblopl.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblio...