PCCLD expects library customers to abide by all federal, state and local laws while at the library. The Executive Director or his/her designee is authorized to call local law enforcement officials and report suspected violations of the law.
PCCLD expects library customers to observe normal rules of common courtesy. Library customers who are not courteous to others will be asked to stop their discourteous behavior or leave the library.
Prohibited activities at PCCLD libraries include but are not limited to:
• Engaging in any behavior that jeopardizes the health, safety, or well-being of customers or staff
• Bringing in concealed weapons not legally licensed and permitted, or openly displaying a weapon except by law enforcement officials
• Abandoning or leaving young children unattended
• Vandalizing library facilities, equipment, or materials
• Littering on library property
• Using obscene or vulgar language
• Smoking or other tobacco use (including the use of smokeless tobacco products, e-cigarettes, and unregulated nicotine products) within the building or within 20 feet of an entrance
• Removing library materials from the building without checking them out
• Engaging in voyeurism, peeping, stalking or acts of public indecency
• Harassing customers or staff
• Failing to wear shirt or shoes
• Bringing in animals other than service animals except as part of a library-sponsored program
• Distributing leaflets or posting notices not authorized by the library administration
• Panhandling, loitering, selling, or soliciting
• Using the library as a place to sleep
• Eating except in designated area or drinking from uncovered containers
• Bathing, shaving or washing clothes
• Bringing in bulky items that take up excessive space
• Playing or wading in a library water feature
• Making loud or disturbing noises
• Skateboarding, skating, or using any similar recreational device inside or outside the library
• Possessing or using alcohol, marijuana, or illegal drugs.
This policy will be posted in all PCCLD libraries.